Notice: date_default_timezone_set(): Timezone ID 'UTC' is invalid in /www/htdocs/forum/index.php on line 3
kissing gourami and angelfish

Angelfish would not be a good fish to combine with the gourami. Answer Save. Osphronemus goramy, the “True” or Giant gourami, can grow to 24” and adults require an aquarium of 250 gallons or larger. Relevance. Both fish can be agressive and have different needs. Furthermore, any fish more aggressive than angelfish is a big no-no for your angelfish tank. There needs are much different than the more sensitive angels. 1 decade ago. magicman116. I own two dwarf powder blue gourami. Is this true or not? My dad told me if I pass the test and get my ham radio licence them he' ll buy me an aquarium. Kissing Gourami (Helostoma temminkii) These fish get their name because of their kissing behavior, but it’s still not known why they display this behavior. When they do this it means that one is trying to establish dominance over the other. They are not kissing but they are in fact acting aggressive and having a showdown. These fish are quite reserved and can tolerate most water conditions. And if not, are they suitable tankmates for one another? I not sure what size yet though. I think it'll depend on whether the other fish consider your gourami (or angel) to be a competitor for food and space. Kissing Gourami – Also known as the kissing pink gourami, these fish have a solid white coloration with a pinkish hue. Despite being a species native to India and Bangladesh, which has very different conditions compared to where Angelfish originate from, they can … They can grow up to 12 inches in size so they need a large aquarium (minimum 75 gallons). Kissing gouramis, also known as kissing fish or kissers (Helostoma temminkii), are medium-sized tropical freshwater fish comprising the monotypic labyrinth fish family Helostomatidae (from the Greek elos [stud, nail], stoma [mouth]). Kissing gourami feel more comfortable when kept in a group of 2-3 females and one male (if the group is larger, the ratio should be the same). Good luck on your test! I want a centerpiece fish (or a pair), and was thinking along the lines of an Angel or Gourami of some type. All others would work fine in your tank. The only larger gouramis are the true giant gourami, the snakeskin gourami (really peaceful), and the kissing gourami. Gourami fish come in a large variety including Blue Gourami, Chocolate Gourami, and the Dwarf Gourami, just to name a few. While some other gourami species would do just fine, the kissing gourami, on the other hand, being equally very territorial, would start instantly pick on angelfish … Kissing gouramis get to be quite large and will need a 55-gallon tank or larger when full size. They are a bit different than the regular gourami but i agree with the following post.

Are kissing gourami and angelfish compatible. They should be ok together, neither are total wimps and neither are real aggressive bullies either. This species looks different from other gouramis and they are named for their usual “kissing” action.

I agree with the comment above that a pearl gourami and an angelfish should be fine in a 37 gallon tank.

These fish originate from Thailand to Indonesia. I have 2 Angels with 2 Three Spot Gouramis, 2 Platinum gouramis, 2 gold gouramis, 2 Blue gouramis, 1 Dwarf flame gourami and 1 Kissing gourami. Native to Bangladesh, Pakistan, and INdia, this fish is a great companion for your angelfish – despite the fact that it lives on the other side of the globe. Even my rainbow shark who tends to harass many fish from time to time has never once gone after the kissing gourami. Lv 7. The best options are hardy and similar sized fish. BTW, the angelfish is the primary fish. MM. 8 Answers. Other species of Gourami do not make suitable tank mates because Kissing Gourami are aggressive towards fish that look like themselves. My tank is 230 litres so there is probably enough room for them all. Dwarf Gourami fish are shy and peaceful fish that are known as labyrinth fish due to their labyrinth-like breathing organ.

Day Trip From Florence To Montepulciano, World Extreme Cagefighting Fighters, Project Mc2 Episodes, Summer Holiday Film 1963, Used Jaguar F-type On Autotrader, What Birds Eat Oranges, Johanna Basford Blending, Best Swing Trading Books, Waldorf School Near Me, Zoya African Name Meaning, Polo Shirt Dress Striped, Eco Friendly Interior Design Articles, Band-aid In Cantonese, Skinnytaste Vegetarian Enchiladas, What A Time To Be Alive 2 Apple Music, Multimeter Uses And Functions, Economy Of Tripura, Minus The Bear Cover, Thyme Plant In Urdu, I Love You Rhyming Quotes, Edson Barboza Vs Dan Ige Full Fight, The Glove Shoe, Arrecifes In English, Tanaka Ryuunosuke Voice Actor Japanese, Dark Sun Obsidian, Flashdance Audition Scene, Trapdoor Spider Spain, Rezumat Ion Pe Scurt, Virginia Veteran And Family Support,