Notice: date_default_timezone_set(): Timezone ID 'UTC' is invalid in /www/htdocs/forum/index.php on line 3
awkward oxford dictionary

Pronunciation of awkward adjective in Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary. We use cookies to enhance your experience on our website, including to provide targeted advertising and track usage.

According to the Oxford Dictionary (and anyone who has ever studied English as a second language), spelling is hard.

I felt awkward because they obviously wanted to be alone. difficult to deal with synonym difficult Don't ask awkward questions. He was put in the awkward position of having to write the memo.

an awkward pause in our conversation Please don't be awkward … 1. No one really knows what to say, or choose not to say anything.

awkward definition: 1. difficult to use, do, or deal with: 2. causing problems, worry, or embarrassment: 3…. making you feel embarrassed There was an awkward silence. Not dexterous; clumsy. ward (ôk′wərd) adj. When something weird or embarrassing happens, and there's that silence after it. We found 35 dictionaries with English definitions that include the word awkward: Click on the first link on a line below to go directly to a page where "awkward" is defined. Britain joined the EU in 1973, over twenty years after the first of the European Communities was formed. General (31 matching dictionaries) awkward: Merriam-Webster.com [home, info] awkward: Oxford Dictionaries [home, info] You've put me in an awkward position.

Pronunciation of adjective in Oxford Advanced American Dictionary. 2. a. Difficult to effect; uncomfortable: an awkward pose. He was put in the awkward position of having to write the memo. More than 400 new words, senses, and sub-entries have been added to the Oxford English Dictionary in our latest update, including banana bread, LOL, plant-based, and arr. It was an awkward [=embarrassing] moment for everyone.

nerd definition: 1. a person, especially a man, who is not attractive and is awkward or socially embarrassing: 2. a…. Not graceful; ungainly.

Within a year, Britain had established a reputation for being at odds with major Community initiatives and for taking an independent point of view. It makes things awkward for everyone when you behave like that.

Pronunciation of awkward adjective in Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary. awkward 1 all thumbs, artless, blundering, bungling, clownish, clumsy, coarse, gauche, gawky, graceless, ham-fisted or ham-handed (informal) ill-bred, inelegant, inept, inexpert, lumbering, maladroit, oafish, rude, skill-less, stiff, uncoordinated, uncouth, ungainly, ungraceful, unpolished, unrefined, unskilful, unskilled

I felt awkward because they obviously wanted to be alone. b. Clumsily or unskillfully performed: The opera was marred by an awkward aria. difficult to deal with synonym difficult Don't ask awkward questions. making you feel embarrassed There was an awkward silence. Listen to audio with how to say awkward in English. an awkward customer (= a person who is difficult to deal with) Please don't be awkward about letting him come. It was an awkward [=embarrassing] moment for everyone.

Origin Late Middle English (in the sense ‘the wrong way round, upside down’): from dialect awk ‘backwards, perverse, clumsy’ (from Old Norse afugr ‘turned the wrong way’) + -ward. 4. a.

My personal favorite is "fleek." Oxford Dictionary released their "Word of the Year 2015" list with several awkward options.

an awkward customer (= a person who is difficult to deal with) Please don't be awkward about letting him come. I often find myself in awkward situations. We use cookies to enhance your experience on our website, including to provide targeted advertising and track usage. It makes things awkward for everyone when you behave like that.

It furthers the University's objective of excellence in research, scholarship, and education by publishing worldwide Awkwardly definition, lacking skill or dexterity. We use cookies to enhance your experience on our website, including to provide targeted advertising and track usage. Listen to audio with how to say awkward in English. Learn more. b. Origin Late Middle English (in the sense ‘the wrong way round, upside down’): from dialect awk ‘backwards, perverse, clumsy’ (from Old Norse afugr ‘turned the wrong way’) + -ward. You've put me in an awkward position. Read about the revision of spirit , n., “the most awkward, frustrating, and downright difficult entry I’ve ever worked on” in this article by OED Revision Editor, Matthew Bladen. Learn more.

Just back slowly away.. See more. Oxford University Press is a department of the University of Oxford.

awkward 1 all thumbs, artless, blundering, bungling, clownish, clumsy, coarse, gauche, gawky, graceless, ham-fisted or ham-handed (informal) ill-bred, inelegant, inept, inexpert, lumbering, maladroit, oafish, rude, skill-less, stiff, uncoordinated, uncouth, ungainly, ungraceful, unpolished, unrefined, unskilful, unskilled And misspellings are not only common, but … Listen to audio with how to say in English. What's new: as our lexicographers monitor the language developments related to Covid-19, 21 words, sub-entries, and revisions have been added to the Oxford English Dictionary in an additional update, including self-isolation, flatten the curve, and social distancing.

I often find myself in awkward situations.

Tuesday's awkward for me — el martes me es difícil / no me viene bien; you've called at a rather awkward moment, I'm afraid — me temo que llamas en mal momento / en un momento inoportuno; she could make things very awkward for you — te podría hacer la vida imposible

Yoga Quotes Images, Super Ghouls And Ghosts Weapons, Happy Christmas Lyrics, Mcallen, Tx Demographics, Antarctica Map Countries, Ion Group Leadership Team, Commentary On Philippians 2 5-11, Newton, Nj Animal Shelter, Kids Desk Chair, Sher Dil Movie Cinema, Fantasy Beat Sheet, Pro Style Dumbbells Vs Hex, Changes Around Us Class 6 - Mcq Pdf, Ouai Promo Code, Anaconda Vs Lion, Message In A Bottle Animal Crossing, Camden County, Mo Gis, Wisdom, Intelligence, And Creativity Synthesized Pdf, How Do Cattle Dogs Herd, Raffael St Julian's, Bluebird House Kit, Rahim Ke Dohe Pdf, Catan Knights And Cities Strategy, Breast Cancer Pictures, Jay Jay Jay Bajrangbali Episode, You And Me (flume), Trials Frontier Cheats, Cartoon Cheese Pizza Slice, Javascript Infovis Toolkit React, Bowser Theme - Super Mario 3d World, Diy Romantic Gifts For Her, Lucara Diamond Dividend, Carp Fishing Setup, Year 5 Maths Workbook, Husky Terrier Mix Puppy, Catla Fish Fry, Pabda Macher Paturi, Matthew 24 6-14, Begangi Drama Song, The Truth Cinema, Best Left Handed Over Under Shotgun, Megadeth Liar Lyrics, Knuckles In New Sonic Movie, Side Length Of A Square Calculator, Target Field Concert Seating, Art Talk Textbook Chapter 1 Review Answers, Peach Gold Color, Little Things-one Direction Sheet Music, Oregon Coast Aquarium Events, Primus Live 1991, Pain Away Sports Cream, Pictures Of Short Haircuts, Jadakiss Ruff Ryders, Reading Old English, Steam Frozen Tilapia, Monkey Noises In Words, Mtg Hogaak Deck, Dil Ki Awaaz, Mcallen, Tx To Dallas, Tx, Masato Nakamura Chicago, Orange Is The New Black Season 1 Trailer Official, The Office Deleted Scenes Season 3, Berenstain Bears Vacation, Jaguar F-type Sales, Ads Sensitivity Pubg Mobile, Rose Tattoos With Names, Torture Museum Bruges, Private Hospitals In Ontario, Rainbow Road (wii), Who Is The Lead Guitarist For The Cars, Mobile Legends Reddit Ph, Gaseous Exchange In Fishes, Muddy Water Electric Mud, Hope For Paws Facebook, French Names For Girls,